How do you feel if you can send notifications about your blog post on a web browser, just like a message? Hmm… that sounds good. They are called push notifications.
91.1% of android users opted for push notifications. The average click rate of push notifications was 10.7 for android and 4.9% for IOS users.
Highest click rates were obtained on Tuesdays (8.4%).
Push notifications containing images, GIFs, videos and Emojis generate 25% higher click rate when compared to default notifications.
Targeting users with customized push notifications according to profile, location and preference can triple click rates.
Personalizing push notifications with readers name can increase click rates by 4 times.
The above results demonstrate the power of push notifications in promoting your content and in turn re-engage readers to your blog.
- Because they are less annoying when compared to pop-up messages.
- You give a choice, whether to opt-in or opt –out of these push notifications. This makes your reader base stronger, as only interested readers will opt-in. Hence the re-engage ratio of your readers will inevitably shoot up.
- You are saving lot of time in saving the mail addresses of your readers. It is a completely web based application management system.
- You can target readers and send customized notifications according to region and time. This cannot be done in your emails. Sending notifications globally in same time is futile and useless, as time zones vary from place to place.
- The span of notifications can range between 3 days to 1 weak. The duration of notification can be customized. This maintains a high click rate for your posts, as the notification will appear immediately after the reader enters chrome or any web browser.
- The conversion rate for push notifications is much higher when compared with other methods.
How do I activate push notifications?
- Pushassist (upto 3000 subscribers -free)
- One signal (Upto 30,000 subscribers -free)
- Push crew
- Amazon SNS
- Ad push
- Cata push
These are few well known push notification service providers available on net. They have various pricing structures. One signal has been the best among them as it literally provides unlimited subscriptions (max 30,000 subscribers). Moreover it provides advanced push notification services when compared to others at free of cost. Pushassist is a cost effective alternative to one signal. The premium account has a low cost plan, besides a free plan.