Whats app is known for end to end encryption. It means all the data that we send to a person will be in encrypted format and cannot be read by a third party person. This update was rolled out last year after a huge havoc on security issues of WhatsApp.
But yesterday another news broke out regarding WhatsApp vulnerability to hackers. Yes! according to Facebook security advisory Whatsapp has a vunerable security bug which aids hackers in installing malware into our phones [both android and IOS].
WHATSAPP HACKED: WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED?
The peculiarity of this bug is, the hackers can install malware through a WhatsApp call, where the user need not lift the phone.
These security breaches were developed by hackers to target high profile individuals. The Facebook security advisory has cautioned about such suspecious Whatsapp calls, and advised users, not to lift such phone calls.
Whats app has reported that only few users were targeted with such malwared, but it can be a huge threat to personal security. (But the security agency has denied any involvement in such activities).
WHATSAPP HACKED:HOW DID IT HAPPEN?
WHATSAPP HACKED: HOW CAN I PROTECT MY PHONE?
- Update your phone operating system regularly. These updates contain regular security patches, which are designed to curb hackers from hacking your phone.
- Update your Apps regularly. Whats app has released its new update on 10th may 2019. Even every app finds some bugs in its code, which will be rectified in their next update. Hence regular updating of your APPS is necessary.
A third advise is to install Antivirus applications in your phone. Mobile internet security applications are much better than mere antivirus.
- Lessons to be learned from the freaking fall of FTX. - November 11, 2022
- What is MUN crypto? How to be eligible for MUN airdrop? - November 7, 2022
- What is Gummys crypto? How to participate in Intial Fan Offerings (IFO)? - November 5, 2022